Safety and Care
Petstages chews are non-edible and are meant for dogs only. As with any chew toy, we always recommend monitoring your dog's use and replacing after reasonable wear, no toy is indestructible. Remove if excessive consumption occurs or pieces larger than a piece of rice are chewed off. Know your dog’s chewing habits and teeth strength, your pet's safety is your responsibility.
10 CHEW COMMANDMENTS FOR DOGS:
Here are the 10 chew commandments you should know while your dog is in chew heaven, so they have fun and stay safe. Every dog is different, so please always keep an eye on them whenever they have any chew toy.
- These are meant for dogs only. Sorry kitty cats and cute kiddos.
- Petstages chew toys are non-edible chew toys. These are not meant to be eaten.
- Take chew toy away if large pieces are coming off as this could present a choking hazard. A good guide is if a piece larger than a grain of rice is coming off, then it's time to replace with a new toy.
- Watch your dog especially if they're an aggressive chewer. Petstages chew toys are made of hard materials that could potentially damage your dog's teeth.
- Some dogs may be allergic to some of our flavorings. Please always make sure your pet is not allergic to the flavor you bought.
- You know those kids toys you step on in the middle of the night and hate? Don't let these chew toys be one of those!
- Our chew toys are best for dogs with adult teeth. Please be conscious with puppies and older dogs.
- Always pick the right size chew that best matches your pet's size and chewing style. We provide guidelines on our packaging and website for the recommended size chew for your size dog. Choose the largest size you think your dog will be comfortable chewing.
- It's best to provide a variety of chew toys and other interactive toys to keep your dog engaged.
- If your dog has swallowed a piece of this chew toy, please promptly visit your veterinarian.
10 CHEW COMMANDMENTS FOR CATS:
Let's get fur-real.
Your cat's instinctual feeding and exploratory behaviors are tied to chewing, so your kitty is going to be exploring with their mouths and kittens may chew due to teething. Your cat also may start chewing due to anxiety with an environmental change or simply boredom, so it's important to redirect their chewing away from harmful objects.
Here are the 10 chew commandments you should know to keep your cat having fun and staying safe. Every cat is different, so please always keep an eye on them whenever you give them toys.
- Our products are meant for cats only. We're not kitten.
- Petstages toys are meant to be played with and NOT MEANT TO BE CHEWED ON AND EATEN.
- Take any toy away if LARGE PIECES ARE COMING OFF as this could present a choking hazard. A good guide for plastic toys is if a piece larger than a grain of rice is coming off, then it's time to remove the toy and replace with a new toy.
- WATCH YOUR CAT ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE AN AGGRESSIVE CHEWER.
- In some cases, cats may be ALLERGIC to some natural and man made materials. Please check with your veterinarian.
- Our toys are BEST FOR CATS WITH ADULT TEETH. Please be conscious with kittens and older cats.
- It's best to PROVIDE A VARIETY OF TOYS and other interactive things like scratchers to keep your cat engaged to prevent boredom.
- If your cats chewing becomes compulsive, you should visit your veterinarian.
- If your cat's chewing is accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea, you should promptly visit a veterinarian.
- If your cat has swallowed a large piece of any toy, please promptly visit your veterinarian.