Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats from Wholesome Pride
Looking for a satisfying, grain-free dog treat for your pup? This recipe for a gluten-free and grain-free dog treat uses coconut flour instead of wheat flour. Since you’re making it at home, you’ll know exactly what’s going into these delicious dog biscuits. Wholesome Pride treats are the perfect compliment to these dog biscuits because of their limited ingredients! Here we use Wholesome Pride’s 100% all-natural pumpkin slices to top the biscuits.
Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Dog Treats Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cup of coconut flour
- .5 cup organic peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- .5 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Wholesome Pride pumpkin slices (or your pup’s favorite flavor)
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Combine all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Roll dough out gently onto a cutting board or other clean surface dusted with coconut flour. Roll until the dough is about .5 inch thick.
- Lay parchment paper out across a cookie sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the biscuits out of the dough and place them onto the cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Take a handful of Wholesome Pride pumpkin slices and cut them into bite-sized pieces. For smaller dogs, cut smaller pieces.
- Top each biscuit with a piece of pumpkin slice.
- Additionally, you can take a Wholesome Pride beef, chicken, or salmon freeze-dried protein treat, crush it, and sprinkle the yummy dust over the biscuits.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before sharing with your pup!
- Store in a sealed container for 3 weeks.
Enjoy baking for your pup knowing they’re getting a limited-ingredient treat that’s grain-free, gluten-free, and made with love. Tell us how your dog biscuits turned out on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
Looking for more about Wholesome Pride treats?